Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Family Message

I'm finally pissed at the NFL; the following teams have players who refuse to stand for the National Anthem and therefore none of their games will be televised in our home.

1. San Francisco 49ers 

2. Denver Broncos

3. Miami Dolphins

I'm dead serious about this. The benefit of spectator sports to society is it provides a social context for comity with those we would not socially encounter otherwise for political reasons. For instance I and a native San Franciscan would potentially be side by side rooting for the same team and be able to interact in a socially positive way that our politics would otherwise impair. Politicization causes the loss of this context as we divide ourselves between kneelers and those standing according to the USC for proper etiquette. The loss of this social context first of all is a serious detriment to the US whom has a dire lack of community comity across political lines. It also means the unique nature of spectator sports is lost and they become a very expensive, redundant political forum that is frankly an immoral waste of resources. If the problem persists or worsens I may mandate a home ban on the NFL for moral reasons. I'm done with the constant agitation. If you insist on the intrusion of social agitation for your pet causes into my off time. I insist you get the F out of my house. social agitation for your pet causes into my off time. I insist you get the F out of my house. 

No comments: